Tejar.pk is looking for an experienced, professional and disciplined “Cloud Engineer”
Age: - years
Experience: - years
Qualification: no degree required, Computer Science preferred.
Salary: K- K
Job Timings: Monday –Friday ( : AM- : PM)
A Cloud Engineer is an IT professional responsible for any technological duties associated with cloud computing, including design, planning, management, maintenance and support who will work closely with our firm while drawing on years of engineering experience, in-depth cloud based knowledge, and technical skills to ensure the deliverables are of the highest caliber capable of exceeding client satisfaction. This person must have expertise to identify, develop, and implement measures that transform and evolve the enterprise with innovative cloud solutions thereby changing the status quo.
The Cloud Engineer’s contributions will improve resource elasticity, provisioning, be broadly accessible and be measurable resulting in increased efficiency and effectiveness. The Engineer must be able to lead and guide cloud services, supporting systems, cloud components, relationships between cloud components and other environments, values and attributes of cloud design, and governance of the clouds evolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designing and deploying applications on the cloud
• Identifying and using appropriate cloud services to support applications on the cloud
• Migrating on-premise applications of the organization to the cloud
• Maintaining the usage of cloud services and implementing cost-saving strategies
• Identifying the best practices of cloud architecture to support applications
• Using their programming knowledge to write codes for server-less applications
• Automating different parts of the development process
• Understanding the application life cycle and utilizing APIs.
• Identifying potential bottlenecks in applications’ performance
• Strategizing a recovery plan to compensate for possible downtime or failure scenarios
• Maintaining data integrity by implementing proper access control for cloud services
• Managing network-related workloads including DNS and firewalls
• Integrate tools and services for cloud compute, network and capacity.
• Provide engineered solutions and respective artifacts supporting the use cases life cycle.
• Improving solution performance, robustness, scalability, and business agility.
• Update the enterprise wide cloud engineering framework, best practices and patterns.
• Develop and document Cloud Engineering Artifacts.
• Zealously promotes our 'Customer Centric' approach: 'working to be a part of our customer’s solutions.
• Develop, operate and maintain core automation, tools, governance, security, networking, reporting tasks and cloud infrastructure.
• Identify and raise technical, business and operational risks and opportunities for increased automation.
• Troubleshooting, performance analysis and remediation to improve cloud stability, performance and security.
• Demonstrate critical thinking and growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems.
Skills to Focus On:
• Experience with the Linux/UNIX operating system.
• Complete knowledge of one of the cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
• Sound programming knowledge in one of the mentioned programming languages:
• Be familiar with DevOps methodology and tools, such as Puppet, Chef, Git, Docker, etc.
• A clear understanding of APIs and web services.
• Minimum of years, or equivalent, proven experience in relevant field.
• Minimum of years experience with application and infrastructure design, development, deployment, management and operations.
• Strong understanding of cloud computing technologies, services, delivery models and vendors.
• Knows how to install, configure and operate openstack HA, ansible, jenkins, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker.
• Solid understanding of networking principals in physical and virtual environments.
Note: This is a Karachi based position and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.