The Salesforce Architect is responsible for architecting Salesforce solutions that integrate with existing enterprise applications, and set a base platform for the Enterprise. This position will provide governance and best practices/standards supporting the platform adoption and full application life-cycle: design, development, change control, UAT, deployment and support. The Architect is expected to provide Salesforce technical leadership for a team of developers, admins and analysts. The Architect is expected to demonstrate leadership expertise to execute strategic direction as well as significant depth of technical expertise in Salesforce architecture.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Serves as the technical Subject Matter Expert on Salesforce engagements / Projects.
• Translates business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platforms and products
• Evaluate and document the benefits and risks to a solution’s feasibility and functionality
• Provide a detailed level of effort estimates for proposed solutions.
• Manage the execution of development, testing, and deployment plans to ensure a quality solution is delivered
• Keep up with new Salesforce product and technical capabilities resulting from product releases and acquisitions
• The Selected candidate will be responsible for leading projects through the requirements definition and solution design phases.
• The candidate will oversee the overall solution design to meet the business requirements and fulfill user stories, and for leading a team of resources through the build, test, and deployment phases.
• Experience in designing enterprise-level solution on Salesforce Platform using both waterfall and agile software development methodologies throughout the whole life cycle with repeated and demonstrable success
• Expert level understanding of the Salesforce product suite as well as the Force.com Platform
• Extensive experience with Salesforce configuration, including workflows, validation rules, Process Builder, and security controls
• Experience defining business requirements, writing user stories, and providing detailed Salesforce system and functional designs
• Experience in documenting business processes and wireframing system designs using process flow diagram tools, UML, sequence diagrams, etc. as well as making recommendations for future state improved processes and system designs
• Expert level experience defining the system architecture landscape, identifying gaps between current and desired end-states, and delivering a comprehensive solution that will enable achievement of the desired business outcomes
• Experience integrating Salesforce with different business systems, a basic understanding of programming logic and constructs, specifically in Salesforce, and their use in software development
• Experience with single-org deployments and multi-org consolidations
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, Graduate degree preferred
• Over years of IT experience with a minimum of years of professional experience with the Salesforce Platform and related products.
• - years of experience implementing CRM systems as a Solutions Architect
• Must have demonstrated expertise in + projects, implementing full SDLC (Discovery, requirements analysis, design, testing, deployment and maintain) of the Salesforce-based solutions
• Extensive development experience with Salesforce development technologies; security, process builder, flow, workflow, APEX, VisualForce, Lightning, Community, Workflows, Triggers, API, SOSL, SOQL, REST, App builder
• Good understanding of Architecture and Integration Patterns, DevOps methods, tools, and techniques
• Good Understanding of Best Practices ad Coding Standards
Good to have Skills
• Certified Application Architect or Certified System Architect with track towards Technical Architect Certification strongly preferred
• Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of CRM software solutions
• Strong knowledge of CRM software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
• Must have excellent oral and written communication, presenting, meeting facilitation, negotiation, decision making, and problem-solving skills
• Must be a team player as demonstrated through a customer qualification of a large scale/enterprise implementation with multiple work streams
• Dynamic and self-motivated person with the ability to lead new initiatives across the platform