Job Title: Junior Program Manager; Location: Islamabad (frequent travel involved); Duration: -year contract (extendable); Organization: Hanns Seidel Foundation, Pakistan Office
Background: Hanns Seidel Foundation (HSF) is Pakistan’s distinguished partner on good governance, the rule of law, and contacts with Germany. The German political foundation stands for a comprehensive approach in the field of development cooperation, and it has been active in Pakistan since .
Since then, HSF has been collaborating with the secretariats of both parliamentary chambers as well as with research institutes, think-tanks, and universities for the purpose of strengthening democratic structures in Pakistan.
Today, HSF is regularly involved in activities all over the country with a focus on the federal capital Islamabad, and the provincial capitals of Karachi, Lahore, Quetta and Peshawar. For more information on HSF Pakistan, please visit https://pakistan.hss.de/.
Position Objectives: The Foundation is looking for a Junior Program Manager at the earliest possible date. This Junior Program Manager will support the successful planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of its projects. He/she will also manage HSF Pakistan’s online PR. Moreover, he/she will interact with German and Pakistani academia, politicians and government officials. The ideal candidate for this position supports efficient project strategies and tactics and manages social media accounts independently.
• Support all projects being executed on time, within scope, and within budget
• Support HSF’s relationships with partners, collaborating institutions and political stakeholders in Pakistan and beyond
• Manage and update social media channels on daily basis
• Create and publish PR content on HSF Pakistan’s project work
• Schedule and attend meetings with partners for efficient implementation
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Prepare reports and detailed documentation on events
• Create and maintain a database of scholars relevant to the Foundation’s thematic areas
• General office tasks such as report writing
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Science or similar with a strong understanding of political-strategic interactions
• A minimum of two ( ) years of work experience in the development sector, academic, PR or political field
• Exceptional analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Solid planning, organization, problem solving, and decision-making skills with an emphasis on attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work conceptually, strategically, and systematically, both independently and as part of a team
• Work experience in online PR such as social media
• Working knowledge of different software including Microsoft Office
• Ability to work on tight deadlines, cross-culturally, and with high-level stakeholders
• Willingness to travel nationally and internationally, usually within South Asia, to Germany and the EU
• Knowledge of files management, transcription, and other administrative procedures
Application Documents Required:
• Motivational letter in English (max one A page)
• CV in English (max two A pages)
• Copies of supporting documents, such as university degrees, job certificates, or work samples in English or German (max ten A pages)
• Two ( ) sample tweets and one ( ) sample Facebook post on the th Amendment to the Constitution of Pakistan (max one A page)
The application must be submitted as one ( ) single pdf file and send by e-mail to islamabad[at]hss.de by Monday, December at : . All shortlisted candidates will be contacted by HSF by December . HSF strongly encourages women to apply.
Please note that incomplete or incorrect applications cannot be considered, and kindly refrain from enquiries pertaining to the current status of the application process.
Hanns Seidel Foundation Pakistan (Recutiter) is in search of talented and motivated individuals for the post of Junior Program Manager in the field of Project Management in one of their office located in Islamabad - Pakistan. The ideal candidate should have bachelor's degree in social science or similar qualification and atleast 2 years of experience. The position require analytical, interpersonal, communication, organizational, project-planning mandatory skills. This is a Full-Time morning shift job.