Job Description :
We are looking for people who are willing to work from the headquarters in Vancouver. We do not entertain WFH mode of working, as all the teams work very closely to establish the goals of the company.-
Where are you right now?
- You are doing full stack or front-end development right now. You love what you do but you are seeking more professional and personal satisfaction. You want to join a fast growing company with purpose where you can see the difference your work is making. You are also looking for a mentor to help groom you for leadership roles.
- You may not have expertise in our particular programming languages or technologies. That's OK. What's important to Whiteboard Canada is solid computer science fundamentals, passion, the ability to learn quickly, and your drive for professional growth.
- Whiteboard Canada is used and adored by over universities and over million students worldwide.
- As we set our sights on increasing adoption of our products to all + post-secondary institutions in North America, we need to grow our Engineering team. We need Full Stack Developers who can stay ahead of the curve for feature and services development and user experience.
As a key member of our growing development team you will:
Innovate. Work in a dynamic, cross-functional scrum team and contribute ideas to design and planning discussions. Implement new features and core services in the Whiteboard Canada platform. Provide solutions to exciting new challenges. Automate and optimize existing scripts.
Collaborate. Work closely with our design, product, and architecture teams to help bring beautiful, usable and scalable features to life (Our backend is a REST API built with Django. Our frontend framework is React. Everything runs in a high-availability setup on AWS, with MySQL.)
Improve. Refactor, optimize and improve the Whiteboard Canada platform used by over a million students. Improve application performance and reliability.
About you :
- The right combination of education and experience.
- A solid understanding of software development either through a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a Technology related field, and - years of experience building software systems.
- You have at least a few prior web development internships under your belt.
- You have developed\worked on a few personal apps or projects.
- You are eager to learn new concepts and have a passion to get things done.
- You understand the difference between smart shortcuts to take and ugly hacks.
Why team members love working at Whiteboard Canada :
- A noble mission that creates meaningful, fulfilling work
- A team that cares deeply for customers and for each other
- We're a company of invested owners - every Whiteboard Canada team member receives stock options
- Professional learning and development for all role levels
- An awesome and welcoming British Columbia HQ, and a growing sales hub in Toronto, Austin, Texas
- Competitive health benefits that start on day one
- A management team focused on performance, growth, engagement and connection
- Our winning strategy and market potential
- Innovative PTO policy with lots of time and space for self-care
- Passionate customers that believe in us-and what we do