As a Construction Estimator, you will apply your expert knowledge of construction costs to develop complete and accurate cost estimates for the United States Market. Strong working knowledge of all project phases including conceptual and schematic drawings to a detailed final bid estimate is required. The Construction Estimator must also have the capability to develop, evaluate, compile and present the scope of work and cost data for construction bids. A typical project will initially start with a review of the construction documents (drawings, specifications, construction, and design agreements) for completeness and best practices, and an analysis of the direct cost budget.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepares construction estimates by studying construction blueprints, and technical specifications, and identifying project costs for each element of the proposed improvements.
• Responsible to perform QTOs or BOQs to ensure that all QTOs or BOQs are complete and accurate.
• Evaluates all quotes and proposals to ensure compliance with the scope of work.
• Understand, develop, and compile high-level cost estimates for multiple projects.
• Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
• Outlining the work plan to gauge how much time will be needed to complete each development.
• Performing risk assessments to account for potential deviations from the project plan.
• Assists with generating and organizing final proposal deliverables for submission.
Requirements & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Architecture Engineering, Construction Management, or relevant field experience.
• Fresh candidates can apply. (An experienced person will be preferred)
• Familiarity with industry-specific takeoff software such as PlanSwift, Bluebeam, On-Screen Takeoff, etc.
• Familiarity with national cost databases such as RSMeans and National Cost Estimator.
• Candidates must also have strong computer skills and be proficient with estimating software.
• Must have general working knowledge and understanding of all types of construction planning/specifications that may apply to the projects undertaken.
• Ability to read plans and develop QTOs or BOQs.
• Strong understanding of construction concepts and practices.
• Proficiency in reading blueprints, and technical documents.
• Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
• Capacity to work within a high-performance, cross-functional, and fast-changing organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals.
• Should be able to work in Night shift ( pm- am).
What We Offer
• Lucrative salary plus incentives.
• Five working days (Saturday & Sunday OFF).
• Islamic holidays and US Federal holidays.
• Learning environment.