As a writer for Lounge Media, you are responsible for increasing our organic traffic and converting website visitors into subscribers and customers via email.
To love this role, here is the type of person you are:
• You have the ability to research and understand technical concepts, then explain them in simple terms to people who are not tech-savvy.
• You are comfortable accepting critical notes without taking them personally.
• You are a beginner, love to take the initiative to solve problems and learn new skills, and feel comfortable working with minimal guidance.
• You take pride in the quality and versatility of your work rather than just doing it.
Focus on results and focus on the outcome of your writing, not just the words themselves.
• You are an excellent communicator who makes sure that nothing creeps through the vulnerabilities.
• You're excited to leave your mark on the web for all to see.
• You enjoy helping others on your team succeed.
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
• Write and self-edit blog posts that are engaging, actionable, bug-free and follow our style guide.
• Create your own featured images and screenshots for each blog post.
• Make the required adjustments without expressing frustration or discomfort from the editing process.
• Perform keyword research to identify target keywords and use these keywords to plan, structure and improve your content.
• Plan blog calendars in Asana and keep up with the schedule with minimal supervision.
Monitor SEO rankings and optimize existing content to increase traffic and conversions.
• Work closely with developers and support team members to write new feature announcements.
• Writing and sending email newsletters and automated campaigns using Drip.
Here are the skills and experiences that will be useful:
Advanced WordPress Dot org Experience: You are comfortable writing and coordinating posts and pages, setting up new self-hosted WordPress sites, installing and configuring themes and plugins, troubleshooting, etc.
Writing and Editing: You can write a well-organized essay with impeccable grammar and spelling in a conversational tone. You can edit and correct your own work to get rid of careless errors instead of relying on an editor to fix them for you.
Writing ads: You can understand your audience and use their own language to position products as solutions to their weaknesses. Your typing is compelling and you get conversions, not just traffic.
• Photo editing: You can take snapshots efficiently. Resize and crop pictures; Add text, borders or other elements; Compress, upload, and format images in WordPress so that they are clear, useful, and good-looking.
• SEO: You understand what SEO is and why it matters. You know how to research keyword volume and search intent and how to use keywords effectively in your content without keyword stuffing. You have optimized and highly ranked content in your portfolio.
Basic HTML, You can use the WordPress text editor to add link attributes and basic formatting of menus, subheadings, anchor links, etc. with HTML.
Google Analytics: You know how to analyze the results of your content in Google Analytics.
• Time management: You can align multiple tasks and projects and prioritize your business effectively to meet all deadlines.
• Previous experience in freelance or remote work.