We are looking for a senior Node.js Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users.
Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application.
Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
• Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
• Write clean, secure, test-driven, easily maintainable, and modular codes.
• Database designing and maintenance.
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
• Troubleshoot and debug applications.
• Perform UI/backend tests to optimize performance.
• Collaborate and work with frontend and mobile app developers on the backend needs of projects.
• Adhere closely to development plans and anticipate changes to specifications or schedules as they become necessary during development.
• Work with project managers when gathering requirements, presenting work, etc. and be able to take complex technical terms and break them down into layman’s terms.
• Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development.
• Client communication (verbal/written) as and when required.
• Defines and documents business requirements for complex system development or testing.
Skills and Qualifications
• + Years of experience as a Node.js developer
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or similar relevant field
• Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it such as Express, Strongroom and AdonisJS.
• Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds.
• Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jade, EJS, Handlebars etc.
• Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors such as Stylus, Less, etc.
• Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML , and CSS .
• Understanding accessibility and security compliance.
• User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
• Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
• Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
• Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
• Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
• Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
• Experience working on a CI/CD environment.
• Experience with AWS and cloud application development practices