Responsible of RDBMS including Oracle , MS SQL Server , MySQL and Oracle Application installation, configuration & administration.
Knowledge & Skills Requirement (necessary to perform this job)
Education and Experience:
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science with minimum experience of years in any Relational Database Management Systems such as Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL, including hands on and vendor certifications such as MCTS and OCA.
Vendor specific certifications, MCTS, MCITP, OCA, OCP, OCE, ITIL Foundation and DevOps environment experience.
- Provide Database Administration on level and of MS SQL Server on Windows Server, Oracle Database on IBM AIX, and MySQL on Red Hat Linux and Oracle E-Business R on IBM AIX in all TPL Holdings Companies including data structures and naming conventions to ensure the accuracy and all organization databases related task.
- Perform Backup and Restore All RDBMS as required.
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast query responses to front end users.
- Perform daily database health check and generate the required report.
- Identify problems, find the cause, resolve and forward to the concern department appropriately if required.
- Ensure storage IOPs, archiving, backup and recovery procedures function correctly.
- Monitor database growth and usage patterns and sizes of the different objects.
- Handle relevant complaints/request through CRM Ticket system and change management system.
- Evaluate new tools and testing of service packs and release updates of RDBMS.
- Monitor Production Database with or without Clusters environment.
- Provide support x x on Phone call, email or through VPN.
- Administration, configuration and installation of Reporting Services.
- Provide query optimization suggestion to the development teams as appropriate.
- Perform Installation, Migration & Up gradation of all RDBMS as appropriate.
- Provide support and guide to the remote client databases for backup and archiving where possible through KAMs.
- Working with team and resolving their problems regarding databases and SSRS reports.
- Perform testing and look for work around for Oracle Applications, MySQL and upgrades through Oracle Service Request Portal.
- Perform monthly maintenance of the databases.
- Train the junior Database Administrator.
- Import/Export data as appropriate.
- Execute database modification scripts as appropriate.
- Coordinate to the Systems as well as Storage team for the database requirements.
- Coordinate, facilitate and resolve the FMIS team issues related to the Data.
- Providing new thoughts for the improvement of the database administration and architecture.
- Monitoring and Administration of Disaster Recovery site.
- Implement databases security policy as per organization security and database management policy.
Application Department, Operations Department, Customer Services Department, Internal Audit Department, Human Resources Department, Administration Department, Marketing Department, Finance Department, Security Department, Software Department, Infrastructure Department, Network Department, FMIS Department, Oracle ERP Functional Department, Sales Department
- Software Vendors (Oracle For Oracle Application R , Oracle RAC , Sales Cloud and Database)
- Software Vendors (Oracle For MySQL Database)
- Software Vendors Digi-Core , Gosafe Systems , LatLong
Wajiha Zafar (Recruiter) is in search of talented and motivated individuals for the post of Senior Database Administrator in the field of Information Technology in one of their office located in Karachi - Pakistan. The ideal candidate should have bs(cs) qualification and atleast 5 years of experience. The position require providing, monitoring, rdbms, oracle, server, mysql, application, configuration, education, computer, science, database, management, vendor, mcts, itil, foundation, devops, environment, administration, level, windows, linux, e-business, data, organization, backup, restore, performance, query, front, health, check, storage, recovery, procedures, usage, system, change, tools, testing, service, release, production, support, phone, email, installation, reporting, optimization, development, migration, client, archiving, team, ssrs, maintenance, modification, scripts, security, operations, customer, internal, marketing, finance, software, infrastructure, functional, sales, cloud mandatory skills. This is a Full-Time morning shift job.